lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

The beginning of the end...

We started the week on a bit of a weak note. The students ran the scene several times today, but the energy just wasn´t there. Focus is something they are learning, not something they are necessarily used to...teenagers are the same everywhere! As we enter the last days of rehearsal, I feel the need to find a way to make them work together a bit more.
One of the difficulties thus far lies in the romance onstage coming into conflict with the romance offstage. The girl who is playing a servingman is involved with the boy playing Romeo and he is nervous and uncomfortable being romantic with Juliet, played by another girl. This is causing tensions that I am almost incapable of addressing properly. Thankfully, Mario and Tito both spoke up about it the other day, expressing things that I am either unsure of or simply not fluent enough in Spanish to say.
The politics here work on all sorts of levels!! Arguably, the most valuable part of my training for this project, has been learning how to improve my negotiation skills!!
A local vendor whom I have bought some items from has offered to take me to another waterfall Wednesday morning. As this is a day off from teaching, I am keen to go. This may well prove to be the last chance I have to see some more of the natural beauty surrounding Suchitoto.
I know that as much as my returning home to Canada will be immensely satisfying, it will also leave me hungry to return to this amazing country.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario