miércoles, 25 de agosto de 2010

last day off

As today was a day off, and the last one, I spent the morning waiting for Marvin, a local artisan, to take me to the waterfalls. When I called him an hour after he was to meet me, I found out that he was sick with fever and couldn't get out of bed. This type of thing is a very common occurence here. Tatiana was struck with Dengue fever not two weeks ago and had to take over  a week to recover.
So, I decided to head instead to Los Tercios, the other waterfall nearby to which I had already been twice, but where I longed to return for one last visit. My last chance to enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding area.

Afterwards, I came to Es Artes to work on the "set design" for our presentation. Not much of a set really, but we hung some drapes over the main entrance, set up the sound and finished preparing the props.

Yesterday, we started to run the scene when the rain came...hard. I tried to soldier on in spite of the cacaphonous downpour, but was forced to capitulate after the winds tore the tarp we have set up to protect the audience from rain and it fell on my head!! Decidedly, Mother Nature wanted us to call it a day. I can't say I wasn't a bit frustrated, but that's the way things are here. Sometimes, despite your best intentions, there is simply nothing to be done because it rains too much, because people are sick or absent, etc, etc. A constant process of adapting to the circumstances for those coming from abroad.

Tomorrow is technically my last class. Wish me luck!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario